Edited by Todd Aglialoro and Stephen Phelan
Foreward by Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke
As the Church and the world remember the fiftieth anniversary of Humanae Vitae this summer, Catholic Answers Press is publishing an important new multi-contributor exposition of that prophetic encyclical - Inseparable: Five Perspectives on Sex, Life, and Love in Defense of Humanae Vitae.
Given the richness of Catholic teaching on the transmission of human life and the different ways—due to their temperaments, habits of mind, and life circumstances—that people respond to it, we asked our contributors to reflect on and defend that teaching from five perspectives: each of them compelling, all of them together forming a mosaic of truth.
- Biblical foundations of conjugal love
- Nature Law and human telos
- Personalism and the “language of the body”
- Historical lessons from contraceptive culture
- The witness of lived experience
Contributors include some of the most knowledgeable and incisive writers on these subjects today:
- Joseph Atkinson: associate professor of Sacred Scripture, John Paul II Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Paul Gondreau: professor of theology, Providence College
- Mark Latkovic: professor of moral and systematic theology, Sacred Heart Major Seminary
- Allan Carlson: distinguished visiting professor of history and politics, Hillsdale College; author, Godly Seed: American Evangelicals Confront Birth Control
- Shaun and Jessica McAfee: Shaun is the founder of Epic Pew and author of Reform Yourself! Together they contributed to Surprised by Life.
All share a joyful conviction in the truth of Humanae Vitae and a desire to promote and defend it.