Healing, Bringing the Gift of God's Mercy to the World
By Mary Healy
"Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed." - Matthew 8:8
When we, or a family member or friend, are faced with an injury or illness, physical or emotional, our thoughts turn to God in prayer for healing. We want to believe, as the Centurion did, that God will grant healing, but we wonder. And if we as Catholics have doubts, what does this mean to a hurting world, also in need of healing?
In her new book Healing: Bringing God's Gift of Mercy to the World, Mary Healy answers to these questions and more --
- Is Jesus still healing people today?
- Are these healings real and do they last?
- How do we know if God wants us to pray for healing?
- Isn't God asking us to endure suffering and hardships instead of asking for healing?
- How can we pray for healing?
- Can my broken heart be healed as well as my body?
Through the study of Catholic tradition, the lives of the saints, and ordinary people, you'll begin to understand how the message of inward healing is also a message that we as Catholics are empowered to take outward to the world.